Look Memorial Park, consisting of more than one hundred and fifty acres, was a gift from Mrs. Fannie Burr Look in honor of her late husband, Frank Newhall Look. Mrs. Look provided the land, funds for its development, and a trust fund to help with upkeep.
Mr. Look was the chief executive of the Prophylactic Brush Company in Florence from 1877 to 1911, and the park opened to the public in 1930.
Operation and maintenance funds come from visitor fees, grants, and donations. No funds are received from tax sources. The park is administered as a non-profit organization by a self-perpetuating Board of Trustees; the Mayor of Northampton is a member ex-officio.