Look Park is looking for customer service oriented individuals to fill our seasonal Park Ranger positions. The Park Rangers are the first point of contact for Park patrons and must have experience in meeting and greeting the public.
Examples of Duties are as follows:
- Meeting and greeting Park patrons at the Park’s Vehicle Entry Booth as well as at other locations throughout the grounds.
- Sell and collect fees for vehicle entry into the Park as well as season’s passes to area residents.
- Assisting Park patrons during their visit. Answering their questions, directing them to the facilities in the Park, explaining Park rules and regulations.
- Answering patron inquiries is first priority.
- Periodically patrols grounds checking on picnic site rentals, tennis court checks, building checks at the end of the evening.
- As needed, assists the maintenance and operations divisions during Park events.
- Provide traffic control and security checks to insure that Park visitors enjoy a safe leisure experience during their visit.
- Writing skills are a must as incident reports and accident reports may be necessary.
- Experience in handling and accounting for money is essential.
- Responsible for enforcing the rules and regulations established by the Trustees of the Park while using the utmost of discretion.
- Rangers will provide first aid assistance to Park patrons as needed.
These Park Ranger positions are part-time seasonal. Scheduled hours are between 15-20 hours a week through the spring, summer and fall seasons. Hours are flexible depending on availability. The Park is open every day of the year from approximately 7:00 AM to dusk. Work schedules will include nights, weekends and holidays. All applicants must be able to work some weekends. Retirees are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like the position for you, please email Justin Pelis, Executive Director, at email@example.com, with a short letter of interest, your resume, and a list of references.
Part-Time Summer Operations & Maintenance Staff
We are currently looking to add to our wonderful Summer Operations and Maintenance staff! Applicants need to be able to work in a team environment, often at a fast pace, all while aiming to provide the best possible experience for our patrons. Applicants must be able to work weekends and holidays, as those are the busiest times in the park. These are seasonal part-time positions with shifts vary from 5-8 hours long.
All applicants must:
- Be 16 years of age or older.
- Be able communicate effectively
- Work well in a team orientated environment
- Interact well with children
- Be able to work a register and handle money transactions
- Be able to work on their feet for extended periods of time
- Keep proper records throughout the day
- Keep their work areas clean and neat
- Enjoy working outdoors.