Living memorial to
Frank Newhall Look
Look Memorial Park, consisting of over one hundred and fifty acres, was a gift from Mrs. Fannie Burr Look in memory of her late husband. She provided the land, funds for its development, and a trust fund to help with upkeep. Mr. Look was the chief executive of the Prophylactic Brush Company in Florence from 1877 to 1911. The park was first opened to the public in 1930.
Additional operation and maintenance come from visitor fees, grants, and donations. No funds are received from tax sources. The park is administered as a non-profit organization by a self-perpetuating Board of Trustees; the Mayor of Northampton is a member ex-officio.